The survey was carried out in key markets for wine imports and consumption, including Belgium, China, Germany, Japan, the UK and the USA, and this year including Canada and the Netherlands.
Throughout July and August 2021, 1 044 wine professionals – importers, wholesalers, retailers (multiple grocers and specialist wine retailers) and e-commerce specialists – took part in the survey and shared their vision of market development and future trends set to impact sales in forthcoming years.
Summary of the survey
- Listings: which wines where?
- Sales forecasts: wine trade more optimistic
- 2-year sales forecasts: top 3 ‘country origins’ confirmed
- Wine categories: movers and shakers
- Major wine regions considered most dynamic: the ones to watch
- Sales forecasts: which market channel?
- Sales forecasts: which packaging formats?
- Image and reputation: France still favourite