Senior Public Relations Account Executive / Junior Public Relations Account Manager, London, FTE
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Manager to join our busy PR team in London. You will ideally have some food/drink PR experience gained either in-house or agency side. You are energetic, creative, solution-focused and have a love of the world of food and drink.
It’s an exciting time to be joining this creative marketing team where you will be working on an interesting and diverse roster of multi-market clients and the opportunity to work on world-class projects.
- Contribute to strategy and activity planning. Implementation of client marketing plans.
- Contribute to client development and retention.
- Implement approved marketing/communication plans
- Develop your network of media, influencers and bloggers
- Developing on-message written materials including press releases, collateral copy and media pitches.
- Coordinate external service providers. Optimise the production margin/net margin.
- Advancing in-house knowledge and expertise withing the agency across all disciplines, including digital
- Systematically and appropriately use group and agency management and reporting tools (worklist, budget monitoring)
- Manage a volume of commercial activity.
- Contribute to commercial development by supporting your manager on new business proposals.
- Maintain excellent client relations.
- Optimise purchases and maintain relations with subcontractors.
- Monitor client budgets by optimising costs, margins, and net profitability
- Ensure budget monitoring, client, and internal reporting (landing)
- Monitor the gross and net margins of its campaigns on an ongoing basis. Propose any corrective measures.
- Manage 4 to 5 annual client budgets, plus responding / contributing to 1-4 new business proposals per year (average value from £120k pa)
- Collaborate on projects and campaigns led by your line manager
- Good knowledge of strategy, communications and marketing – 3+ years’ experience in PR agencies (food & drinks, lifestyle) preferred.
- Established and extensive network of journalists and influencers
- Mastery of communication techniques across multi-channel communication campaigns
- Proficient project coordination skills
- Good negotiation skills (suppliers)
- Understanding of budget optimisation
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and changes in the media, marketing and communications landscape
- Excellent copy writing skills and oral expression (French, Spanish or Italian would be a bonus)
- Ability to develop a network and maintain regular external contacts
- Deep understanding of the environment and general culture of the food and drinks industry
- Ability to prioritise
- Forward-thinking, strong planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to manage relations with different interlocutors
- Ease of verbal and written expression
- Sense of analysis and synthesis.
- Flexibility and patience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to stand back and view the bigger picture