Founded in 2013 by three entrepreneurs, DigitalFoodLab is on a mission to support FoodTech by providing companies in this sector with a range of tools that help them to develop and grow. It aims to gather all of the data related to this industry, and to bring the various players together and help them to build synergy. The DigitalFoodLab database that the study is based on is thus the most comprehensive, best-structured database in France.
A specialist in Food, Drink and Lifestyle communication in France and abroad for nearly 60 years, Sopexa is on top of the latest news and trends in this fast-changing sector and has naturally supported this project.
This study, carried out from 2013 to 2017, details:
– FoodTech investments in France, with perspective on the role it plays in FrenchTech and around the world.
– Investment trends, identifying investors and various types of fundraising.
– The composition of its ecosystem through a study on each field, i.e. AgTech, Food Science, Foodservice, the Media, Delivery & Retail and Coaching.
– The geographical distribution of FoodTech companies by region.
– The more or less long-term trends to invest, create or collaborate.
The study namely shows that the number of start-ups founded grew threefold between 2014 and 2016, and as of 2017, there are 472.
Overall, in 2016 FoodTech investments accounted for 11% of all FrenchTech investments, with 90% of these investments concentrated in 3 categories: AgTech (€68 million since 2013), Foodservice (€45 million) and Retail & Delivery (€127 million).
As for the influence of French FoodTech worldwide, with 219 fundraising rounds between 2013 and 2017, France ranks 6th in terms of number of funding rounds, and 7th in terms of the amount invested. The average investment in France is €500,000.
To read the study: Press Contact Ghislaine Plus