Alimentaria is one of Europe’s top-three food-sector shows, alongside SIAL and ANUGA. This year, it brought together over 4,500 exhibitors from 70 countries and 150,000 visitors in the Catalan capital.
This exhibition was the opportunity to check out the latest products and trends to win over Spanish foodies and gourmets, who are always on the lookout for new information and unique gastronomic experiences, in harmony with their lifestyle.
Here are 6 products and trends that are sure to surprise you!
- Gin Tonic flavoured Spanish croquetas
- The world’s first freeze-dried nougat
- Spherical olives you can enjoy at home – inspired by the revolutionary concept dreamt up by Ferran Adriá, the brilliant chef at El Bulli restaurant
- The slow-cooked, low-temperature soft-boiled egg
- The Kit Kat pizza
- Health food: ever more popular
Healthier foods thanks to their considerably lower sugar, salt and fat content. Vegan snacks, dehydrated meat products for nibbling on and milk-free chocolate shakes are just a few examples of the hottest trends in the sector.